Nowadays, communication has never been more essential and convenient. In a time of physical distancing, we rely on communication apps to stay in touch with our friends and loved ones. And with many options, Discord has quickly become very popular but most of us might be wondering how to turn off its recurring billing?
Discord is a popular VoIP and instant messaging social platform that allows users to connect with each other. Many people use Discord daily, as evident in its 150 million monthly active users. There’s no doubt that Discord has revolutionized the way we communicate.
Discord currently has a subscription service that offers additional features. If you’ve been using Discord for a while, you might have tried subscribing to their premium service.
But what if you want to stop, pause, or cancel your subscription? What if you don’t want to use their premium features and would like to stop getting charged with recurring payments?
If you’re wondering how to cancel your Discord Nitro subscription, you’re in the right place. This article will show you how to unsubscribe or cancel your Discord recurring billing. That way, you won’t have to get billed unnecessarily.
Let’s get started!
Introducing Discord Nitro
As mentioned earlier, Discord has a premium version called “Discord Nitro.” For $9.99 per month (or $99.99 per year), Discord Nitro gives users access to premium perks, such as:
- Better Emoji – Make your customer animated emojis.
- Personal Profile – Use an animated avatar and claim a custom tag.
- Support a Service – Get two Server Boosts and 30% off extra Boosts.
- Bigger Uploads – Get up to 100MB upload size for high-quality file-sharing.
- Rep Your Support – A profile badge shows how long you’ve supported Discord.
- HD Videos – Higher resolution videos, screen sharing, and Go Live streaming.
With Discord Nitro, you can optimize and improve your overall Discord experience. But what if you’re looking to cancel your Discord subscription? For the purpose of this article, we’ll be using the Discord desktop application.
Where Can You Manage Discord Subscriptions?
To check your current subscriptions, head into ‘User Settings’ by clicking on the cog icon on the bottom left corner of the desktop client. In the User Settings menu, click the ‘Subscription’ tab to see all the details of our current subscriptions.
In the subscriptions tab, you’ll be able to view the following:
- Your current Nitro subscription.
- Your current Server Boost subscriptions.
- Your billing information (including the amount to be charged and renewal date).
- Your payment method for your subscriptions.
- Any account or subscription credit that was gifted to you.
How Do Discord Billing Subscriptions Work?
Discord has subscriptions for both Nitro and Server Boosting services. With these two subscriptions, juggling multiple subscriptions at once can be complicated. Fortunately, Discord wants to make it easier for you.
When you have multiple Discord subscriptions, their system will automatically unify all charges for all subscriptions into one convenient charge/payment on a date. So instead of paying for two different subscriptions on separate dates, you’ll pay for both subscriptions on the same day!
When Do Payment Adjustments happen?
Payment adjustments occasionally happen when you make additional purchases to your current base subscription. Once you do, you will see adjustments in your payment review. Payment adjustments can happen when:
- You’re switching your billing plan from monthly to annually.
- Your payment is being prorated (depending on the date you purchase your latest subscription).
- You’re getting a discount for being a Discord Nitro subscriber.
Payment Methods Discord Accepts
To purchase or subscribe to Discord Nitro or Server Boosting, you need to link your Discord account with a debit card, a credit card, or a PayPal account. To add a payment method to your account, you will need to go to ‘User Settings’ > ‘Billing Tab’ > ‘Add Payment Method.’
Once you get to the ‘Add Payment Method’ tab, you can now add your preferred payment method of choice. Note that payment from a PayPal balance is only possible if your PayPal account already has a valid credit or debit card linked to it. Refunds are unavailable for purchases made with Paysafecards.
How to Cancel Discord Recurring Billing (Nitro)?
To cancel your Discord Nitro subscription, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to your Discord Account
- Go to your Profile in the top-right corner.
- Look and select ‘Discord Nitro’ under your ‘User Settings.’
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button next to the subscription you wish to cancel; in this case, Discord Nitro.
- Answer the following prompt to confirm your cancellation.
And that’s it! You’ve just canceled Discord Nitro and will no longer be charged for it moving forward. However, keep in mind that you will still have access to Discord Nitro until your current billing cycle ends.
Switch to Recurring Billing with ReliaBills
If you’re running a business and want to boost cash flow, you need to be like Discord—offering a premium recurring billing service. Whatever business you manage, recurring billing is a great option to increase customers, improve payment processing, and boost overall cash flow.
Are you interested? Then it’s time to give ReliaBills a try!
ReliaBills is invoicing, and payment processing rolled into one neat little package. Our platform provides you with all the tools and features you need to improve invoicing and switch to recurring billing.
With ReliaBills, you can:
- Create invoices from scratch or convert existing invoices into recurring bills.
- Add late fees, finance charges, and other penalties to delinquent accounts.
- Automate payments through ACH or credit/debit cards.
- Automate invoicing and payment collection.
- Get notified of any changes or updates to your account.
- Integrate with popular accounting software QuickBooks.
- Get paid without having to move a finger.
- Reach out to non paying customers automatically
- And more!
With ReliaBills, invoicing and payment processing have never been this easy. Copy Discord’s recipe to success by setting up recurring billing for your business today!
We hope you found this article helpful. If you’re currently using Discord and planning to cancel your subscription, now you know how. And if you’re looking for an invoicing and payment processing solution for your business, you know where to find us. Create a free ReliaBills account now!