Last updated: June 16, 2012
Thank you for visiting the ReliaBills Internet web site and/or utilizing the ReliaBills billing and payment service. We highly respect the privacy of our customers, partners, and clients, and we take the issue of your privacy very seriously.BY USING THIS WEBSITE OR SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO RELIABILLS THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE, TRANSFER, AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Information We CollectWhen you register for or use a ReliaBills account, we collect the following information:
- When you register: we collect your name, location, phone number, email address and other related information.
- When you access your ReliaBills account to settle funds: we collect bank account and payment card numbers, and information about financial institutions where you conduct business.
- When we verify your identity and underwrite your application for an account: we will request additional personal information to confirm your identity and manage our risk. We may ask you for your driver’s license number, social security number, birth date or other personal information. At times we will obtain information about you from third party verification services and credit bureaus.
- When you use our service: we record your account transactions, device location, and sometimes information about your computer or access device.
- Additional information from or about you may also be collected in other ways, including responses to customer surveys or your communications with our customer service team.
Technologies We Use
CookiesWhen you visit this website, your computer may receive one or more “cookies” in order to help personalize and support your use of this website, our services, and/or the services of our partners. A “cookie” is a small text file that is transferred to your computer’s web browser by a web server, and can be read by a web server in the same domain at a later time. If you do not wish to receive cookies or wish to manage when you accept cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. We provide more information on this in the “Your Choices” section, below. Although you are not required to accept our cookies, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this website.
Cookies allow a website to customize information that is presented to you through your use of this website (such as to display personalized content and targeted advertising to you on your future visits to this website), and to save time by storing information so you do not need to re-enter it during a later use of our website. We may place cookies on this site directly, or on behalf of the partner whose advertisement appears on this website or its service providers. In general, cookies do not identify you personally. However if you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this website, we may link the cookie to information that identifies you personally.
If you accept a session or persistent cookie, you can delete it at any time through your web browser (e.g., as soon as you leave our website). If you do not wish to receive cookies or wish to manage when you accept cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our cookies, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this service.
Log File InformationLog file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Protecting Personal informationAny information that can be used to identify a person is “Personal Information”. This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. All information is securely stored on our servers in the United States. Our safeguards and procedures have been implemented in accordance with US state and federal law and regulations to maintain the physical and electronic security of our software, services and your personal information. Our measures include firewalls, system-wide data encryption, physical and electronic access controls, and strict rules regarding the access and use of data on our system.
Using Personal InformationWe use your Personal Information to provide you the features and functionality of the service, and may share it with our trusted third parties, to ensure that you have a safe, high-performance experience when using the service. When you use the service, including accepting a payment, requesting funds, contacting customer service or requesting technical support, in addition to many other interactions with ReliaBills, we will apply the information that we have collected. Knowing this information allows us to verify your identity, communicate with you and enforce our agreements with you, as well as secure the best possible experience for all ReliaBills members by ensuring compliance with US state and federal laws and our own policies. We may also use this information to measure how our members use the service, and improve and enhance our offerings to you.
ReliaBills may use certain information about you without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
Processing payment transactions requires that we share your personal information with third parties, including but not limited to:
- Service providers who provide us a range of essential operational services including fraud prevention, transaction processing, collections, direct marketing, and managed technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Verification services and credit bureaus to underwrite your application for ReliaBills accounts and to comply with our legal credit reporting rights and obligations.
- Financial institutions that allow us to offer your payment processing services, and partner with us to develop new offerings for you and other ReliaBills members.
- Fellow ReliaBills members who may accept payments from you through using ReliaBills.
- Law enforcement authorities or government representatives who may require us to share information in order to comply with court order and other legal mandates, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to report suspicious activities, prevent physical harm, financial loss, or violations of our agreements and policies.
- Other third parties, subject to your prior consent or direction.
Your Choices About Your InformationYou may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the service, in which case ReliaBills may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You can review and correct the information about you that ReliaBills keeps on file by contacting us as described below.
Children’s PrivacyThis website is not directed at nor targeted to children. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not able to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use this website. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children as such term is defined by applicable laws. If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by postal mail addressed to ReliaBills Privacy Department, 4804 W. Sunnyslope Road, Edina Minnesota 55424, United States of America or by e-mail at , and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our databases.
Notification ProceduresIt is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by ReliaBills in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
4804 W Sunnyslope Road
Edina, MN 55416